Happy Saturday hockey fans!
As of 1/4/2014 the following trade rumors are trending around the hockey world. Please see our Trade Rumor Policy below this article.
- Matt Moulson is the hottest name in the NHL trade rumor world lately. Many teams are said to be involved, but the most mentioned club is the Penguins. Some other teams mentioned that seem realistic are the Kings, and Canadiens but have also seen the Canucks, Rangers, Predators, and Devils involved.
- Jaromir Jagr is the biggest maybe, wont be, should be, could be, in the rumor world. It does not look like the Devils will look for a deal, but wont turn down a good offer if they see one. The most likely destination should he be traded would be the Canadiens. Pittsburgh has been mentioned in some circles, but given how Jagr spurned the Penguins upon returning from the KHL it isn’t likely that GM Ray Shero would want to gain his services.
- Martin Brodeur has been quietly spinning in the rumor mill since before the season began. It is hard to imagine Brodeur in a sweater other than the New Jersey Devils, but given the state of the team and Brodeur’s age, a trade isn’t that out of the question. The Capitals and Penguins are rumored to have interest.
- Other players rumored to be on the move: Steve Ott, Daniel Briere (could be a Canadiens and Sabres swap), Evander Kane, and Mike Cammalleri.
- Rumored players to be moved that very well may stay put with their current team: Ryan Miller, Michael Del Zotto, and Ryan Malone.
Our NHL Trade Rumor Policy: Our rumors are not based on any insider knowledge. Nobody at Hyped Up Hockey is an “insider” with any “sources”. We simply look for large trends in the hockey world, then filter the ones that we find the highest trending, likely, and interesting. These rumors are for entertainment purposes only. Yes, we grew up playing too many video games.